External Related Links
Southampton Jazz Club works closely with Chichester and Portsmouth Jazz Clubs
to exchange ideas, to publicise each other’s concerts, and to ensure that the programmes of each club complement the others as far as possible.
For details of Chichester Jazz Club’s events, visit
For details of Portsmouth Jazz Club’s events, visit
- Jazz Services now host amongst other things Jazz UK Magazine which carries UK listings (including those for Southampton Jazz Club). Jazz Services sponsor the listings section. Actual mag pages (including listings) are in pdf format and require Acrobat viewer to view and print.
- Jazz in Britain listings of jazz in London and links to many club and musicians’ web-sites.
- Radio Solent Jazz Diary run by Chris Walker and including links to surrounding areas.
- Smart Arts British Jazz listings and Recording Sales site. Go here for many CDs normally only obtainable at gigs.
- Jazz Half Hour worldwide internet radio programme.
- Jazz Improv comprehensive American Jazz Magazine
- Ronnie Scotts current information from London’s foremost jazz club.
- sotONLINE daily news/events service for Southampton University (including Jazz Club).
- Eddie Fowler’s Jazz Site including music in Thame
- Jazz Yorkshire listings and information on modern jazz in Yorkshire.
- Turner Sims Concert Hall Full listings including jazz Concerts
- Jazz Artistes, Groups & CDs
Clubs, Agents and Promoters
- Southern Jazz Guitar Society Usually meeting on the last Tuesday of each month at the Abbey Hotel, Church Street Romsey (from around 8pm), we are a small club of guitar players (both accomplished and aspiring) and non players who all share an enthusiasm for music centred around the jazz guitar.
- Andy Broad’s Portsmouth Blues Site
- Bullfrog Roots & Blues Club and Barking Spider Promotions
- Live Wire web version of Bournemouth-based eclectic gig guide.
- The Fo’c’sle Folk Club meets Fridays at the Richmond Arms, Portswood, Southampton. Alternate Guest Nights (with floorspots) and Anything Goes: 8pm onwards
- St Denys’ Folk & Blues Club meets Wednesdays at the Riverside Social Club above Priory Sailing Club, Priory Avenue, St Denys, Southampton; Dave Nixon: 023 8044 6217 or email@example.com. Open stage for floor spots. 8pm onwards.
- Slam Productions Promoter/Agent.
- 33 Records jazz specialist label
- Provocateur Records
- Note-Ability in Bitterne, Southampton: supply musical instruments, sheet music, accessories and a service to the local community in Hampshire.
- The Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (Publishing) Ltd including jazz standards set as examination pieces
- Peterborough Jazz Club
- The Jazz Club, Caversham Road, Reading (with jazz midifiles).
- Jagz Club, Ascot, also home to The Berkshire Jazz Club